I was nominated for this award by the love Sripurna. Her blog is amazing, and reading her posts is the highlight of my day! I highly recommend that you check her out, because you won’t regret it!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate ten blogs.
1. What’s your favorite word?
My favorite word… hmmm. I have so many! Instead of picking one, I’m just going to list out my favorites.
- ineffable: too great to be expressed in words
- vellichor: the strange wistfulness of used bookshops
- limerence: the state of being infatuated with another person
- petrichor: the smell of the Earth after rain
- defenestration: the act of throwing someone out a window
2. What’s your favorite subject in school? (Just curious :-P)
That’s a tough question! I love biology, especially during the genetics and DNA units. I find it really understandable and am really interested in the idea that we as humans can grasp a concept as complex as life. I also like Spanish as a subject, but the class isn’t my favorite due to the teacher teaching it.
3. Romance novels or action-packed thrillers?
I probably sound really girly and feminine right now, but I’m going to have to choose romance novels. I have read books from either genre, and they have all proved to be quite interesting. However, action-packed thrillers often leave me confused or a bit lost due to the rapid progression of the plot. Also, while reading the novels, I feel like I am a part of the story, and that often makes me feel stressed and like I’m racing through time. Romance novels are usually a lot more stress-free and relaxing. Also, the teenage girl side of me finds some weird sort of appeal to it.
4. Music or sports?
That’s an easy one! Music! I play the violin in my school orchestra, and I really enjoy it. I find it as a really relaxing venue for expressing myself, plus there’s nothing more gratifying and satisfying then finally learning a piece. I also love singing classical and pop songs, and it’s a hobby of mine.
5. Who’s your favorite person?? (You can name multiple people..)
My favorite person has to be my twin sister. She is the best, and I always find myself running to her for help or advice. I love spending time with her, since she’s really enjoyable to be around. I love her more than I love anyone else.
6. (Cliche question) Which book character would you like to meet and why?
I would like to meet Tessa from the Legend series to tell her to back off of Day. I would sit her down and allow her to reevaluate her life choices. If she didn’t keep throwing herself at him, then his relationship with June wouldn’t be as scarred. I would probably give her a good shake and remind her that she is ten or eleven years old, while Day is a much older teenager. In short, I would like to meet her to knock some sense into her.
7. What’s your favorite color, and why?
My favorite color is aquamarine, a combo of green and blue. I believe the reason I love this color so much is the fact that I was born in California. As a child, the ocean and the beach was just a natural part of my life, and it was so important and integral to me that I didn’t realize how much I loved it until I moved to Texas. I still love the sea and reminisce over my countless memories that I’ve created on the beach, and the color reminds me of that.
8. What co-curricular activity are you really good at? Or, better phrased, what’s your best talent?
I am pretty good at the violin. I am also pretty good at art, and have gotten a few awards for my artwork. However, I feel like my biggest talent has to be writing, especially poetry. My love for writing is one of the reasons why I created this blog.
9. One book you hate to admit that you liked.
I HATE to admit this, but I actually like Delirium by Lauren Oliver. In retrospect, the plot was weak and the romance was poorly thought out, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying it whenever I read it. My mind is complicated and weird, so I’m not going to try to begin to understand why I like this novel. I’m just going to roll with it.
10. Your favorite food.
ICE CREAM. I love ice cream so much, and I try to buy it whenever I can. The variety of flavors and colors makes me feel like I’m drowning in choices, which is actually a very enjoyable feeling. Plus, ice cream never tastes the same way each time you eat it, even if you buy the same flavor. There’s always something different to it, and that makes me fall in love with the food even more.
Well, that was fun! Now, onto my nominees:
1.) If We Shadows Have Offended
My Questions for My Nominees:
1. Who is your favorite book villain? Why?
2. What is the novel at the top of your current TBR? Why?
3. If you could only pick one fictional boyfriend (I know, hard), who would it be and why?
4. What is your favorite song lyric?
5. What is your biggest OTP from a novel?
6. What is your favorite movie this year?
7. What is your favorite book series and why?
8. If you could meet a book character that you hate and could knock some sense into, who would it be? What would you tell them?
9. Which author’s writing style do you like the best?
10. Where is your most comfortable reading spot?
I hope you enjoyed that post! I have a lot more free time now, since the stress of exams is over temporarily, so expect a lot more posts within these next few days. Until then, au revoir!